Attic and Atticmag.com, the home design and decor magazine are owned by Rifton Creek, LLC. Attimag is defined as the website and all its attendant parts including its blogs, photo albums and comment forums.
You are free, of course, to use much of Atticmag.com without identifying yourself or providing any personal information to us at all.
Rifton Creek, LLC appreciates your visiting this web site. Our site visitors’ privacy and trust are important to us. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned, and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to this site.
* Information obtained when you (“you” or “User”) visit the Atticmag web site (the “Site”).
* Information obtained through e-mail communications with you related to the Site.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
* Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted – i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address ) in representative lists of magazine circulation and/or web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient.
* To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform the services.
* Portions of this Site may be provided as “Premium” or “Sponsored” content. Premium or Sponsored content is made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain of the User’s registration information with the Premium or Sponsored content’s sponsors and advertisers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content.
* To other third parties to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “do not disclose.”
* To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving Attic magazine or this Site.
* When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property.
* When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is provided.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Please note that clicking on links and banner advertisements may result in your transferal to another website, where data privacy practices may be different from that of Rifton Creek, LLC. Visitors should consult the other website’s privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We require you to provide certain information about yourself when you register with this Site or should you request products and services in the future. We also collect information when you participate in contests and surveys, when you respond to requests for feedback and when you submit postings to public areas of this Site (e.g., moderated blogs).
The information we collect may include information from which you may be personally identified (“Personally Identifiable Information”), such as name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address. We might also collect credit card and related information should you request a product or service for which there is a charge.
When you visit this Site, we may collect the IP address of your computer. If you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically.
If you contact Atticmag by e-mail, you should be aware that e-mail transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by e-mail in transit. Rifton Creek, LLC will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during transmissions.
Personally Identifiable Information
We may use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
* To provide you with this Site and other future products and services.
* To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding the Site.
* For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent.
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site. For example, we may use this information to determine what portions of the Site are most popular and the demographics of our Users generally. Cookies and other User information also enable us to customize your experience on the Site. We may use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers or to administer our Site. We may also use IP addresses to help identify a User during a particular session and to gather data regarding use of the Site.
We may use the information you provide us to send you e-mail communications on behalf of Attic or Atticmag. These communications may include e-mail newsletters that are relevant to this Site, as well as offers for other services. All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of approved third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the website registration page for this Site or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: “change information.”
However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to change personal information may take a few days to process.
We may disclose user information at our discretion. We also may disclose user information when we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other Rifton Creek site users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
In the event that Rifton Creek, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of a merger, sale, consolidation or liquidation, customer Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets. If this happens, we may share the information that relates to you. You will be sent notice of such an event.
Consent to Transfer
By providing Personal Information to this site, you understand and consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories. You also acknowledge that governmental and other authorities in the United States and other countries and territories to which such information is transferred may have a legal right to obtain access to or the disclosure of such information.
If you are requested to send us any sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number, password, membership number or pin number, in an e-mail or into a web site or otherwise, and you are uncertain whether such request is authorized by us, please do not hesitate to ask us by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personally identifiable information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we shall seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. By using this web site, you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Rifton Creek, LLC
Rifton, New York, 12471
contact (at) atticmag (dot) com
Effective Date: November 19, 2010