Chocolate Bath

Annie Brahler chocolate wall paint with white tile from House BeautifulNow that I have your undivided attention – no melted chocolate, just paint!

The master bath in this Illinois Victorian is contrast of brilliant white and creamy brown.  The paneled lower walls and crown moulding are painted bright white.  The upper walls, even the ceiling, are painted a dramatic dark chocolate – a bold move that visually lowers the high ceiling and creates intimacy.  A vintage clawfoot slipper tub is fitted with a freestanding British telephone faucet.  The hexagon floor tiles are another classic choice.  The hex tile is repeated on the glass shower floor, while subway tile covers its walls.  The exposed shower set includes a porcelain sunflower showerhead and lever handles.  Glamourous touches include the 1980′s crystal chandelier, vanity with cushy chair and a gold leaf bracket shelf to hold extra towels – a clever idea.

See more beautiful retreats featuring clawfoot tubs in Golden Fantasy Bath and Pink and Green Feminine Bath.

(Source: House Beautiful)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 330 posts on Atticmag | Kitchens, Bathrooms, Home Decor.

7 Responses to “Chocolate Bath”

1. Laura Trevey May 1, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Thanks for sharing this “jaw dropping” bathroom, wowza!!

• Allison May 1, 2012 at 9:32 am #

I’m glad you like it. I didn’t want to get into more details in the post, but the owner is Annie Brahler who owns Euro Trash (Illinois). The curtain fabric is from Hancock Fabric (so not expensive) and most of us already know Daltile is not costly either. It’s really a luxurious looking space that was done for not a lot of money. I’d love to see the rest of the room, but didn’t find anywhere online. I just spotted the TP roll to right of vanity (next to curtain) – not so sure I’d want my vanity smack dab next to the commode. Hope to find the sink area and I’ll add it to the post.

2. Tricia Rose May 1, 2012 at 11:13 am #

Thanks for the extra info Allison – I love the feeling of this too, could imagine dreaming in the bath by the open window, settling in for a perfect maquillage at the dressing table, but I’d have to determinedly turn my back to the po: just a bit too close!
    All the details are lovely, and would be spoiled by fancy tile etc.

3. RHome410 May 1, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

LOVE that color! Rich and delicious.

4. Rebecca August 21, 2012 at 8:38 am #

What is the paint color?

• Jane F @ Atticmag August 21, 2012 at 11:00 am #

Allison may have more information, but I’d look at Benjamin Moore’s Bittersweet Chocolate.

• Allison August 22, 2012 at 11:18 am #

Rebecca, I’ve searched online without any luck. I’ve sent a message to the owner, and will post if she responds. In the meantime, check out Jane’s suggestion. Or ask your local paint store to match a Hershey Bar wrapper.