Urban Chic Kitchen

modern white kitchen cabinets with exposed brick wallsMixing styles creates a sophisticated industrial kitchen.

I’ve been a magazine junkie most of my adult life and in the last decade I’ve added several European journals to my list.  This industrial chic London kitchen found its way into my idea file for several reasons.  While I surround myself with vintage, I’m also attracted to rooms with a juxtaposition of styles.  The exposed brick walls and original wood floors paired with sleek white cabinets and stainless steel counters make me want to explore loft living.  In my mind’s eye, the wall to the left of the island was also washed brick, with a few lower cabinets and open shelving.

modern white kitchen cabinets and exposed brick wallsImagine my surprise when I ran across a familiar kitchen online, and searched my files to find its mate.  A second sink and a wall of clean-lined, to the ceiling cabinetry provides ample storage for this open floor plan apartment.  Long handles  blend into the doors and drawers.  The gilded mantel mirror, propped artwork, a framed chalkboard and plants soften the space and add layers of interest.  The quirky shaped modern chandelier adds yet another.  The mixing of styles creates a sophisticated industrial chic space.

(Sources: 25 Beautiful Homes, Inspace)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 330 posts on Atticmag.

10 Responses to “Urban Chic Kitchen”

1. Kat April 25, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

I can see why you fell in love with this kitchen…twice…it’s gorgeous!

Kat :)

2. Pam April 26, 2011 at 12:10 am #

It’s a beautiful kitchen! I love the brick and love that they used plants to soften the space. Thanks for sharing!

3. Jane F @ Atticmag April 26, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

The tendency is to focus on the walls here but the floor looks like reclaimed wood and it’s really a gem I think.

4. RHome410 April 26, 2011 at 1:50 pm #

Urban Loft is my favorite style, I think…but I’ve never seen a light version like this. Usually it’s red brick and darker cabs, but this is a cool twist!

5. mindstorm April 27, 2011 at 12:25 am #

I really get this space too. I love the pale white and grey and light colours in here – the warmth comes from the warm wooden floor in this otherwise wonderfully cool room. And that pale white-grey brick wall adds the texture to give all the relief that this room needs. I really like this – but do find it hard to come up with such a vision autonomously. This is a great inspiration space – for any room!

6. SilverMagpies April 27, 2011 at 4:13 pm #

Love at first sight!

7. marthavila April 27, 2011 at 8:00 pm #

This is a great kitchen!
    While sleek and modern, it has an ample share of more “traditional” surprises! The chandelier and reclaimed wood floor alone could take your breath away in this context. But, add in the whitewashed brick wall, with the plants and art pieces — including that vintage gold-framed number — and I am sent to wow land. Amazing. I generally favor “older”, more traditional, tkitchens, but this one? I’d claim it in a heartbeat!

8. Allison April 30, 2011 at 2:39 pm #

Thanks for commenting, everyone. I just love this kitchen more and more every time I see it!

9. Liliansreno December 4, 2011 at 10:45 pm #

Fabulous kitchen!

1. Brick Walls in Kitchens | Atticmag | Kitchens, Bathrooms, Interior Design - November 15, 2013

[…] showed two slightly different views of this Urban Chic Kitchen in a London loft. The paint-tempered brick (paint also functions as a sealer) proves to be the […]