Pink and Green Feminine Bath

romantic pink, green and white feminine bathroom with claw foot tub alcoveLayering fabrics helps create a romantic tub alcove.

Pink and green is a favorite color combination to use for little girls, but it’s seldom seen in grown-up baths.  The not so young will dream about evening soaks in this beautiful space.  Eyes are immediately drawn to the cluster of crystal chandeliers above the clawfoot tub.  The visual impact is greater than the now common single fixture usage and their strong statement is matched by the generous use of fabrics.  Shutters provide privacy on the lower half of the windows with gathered sheers above.  The scalloped edge echos the bottom of the chandeliers, while the pom pom fringe is repeated on the side panels and rod pocket valance.  Softening the space are the large floral print curtain panels at the arch, held open by rope trim and large tassel tiebacks.  Brass accents include a freestanding tub filler and ornate claw feet resting gracefully on a basket weave tile rug.  White hexagon tiles with pink flower accents and a double border adds even more feminine appeal.

See Clustering Chandeliers for more crystal beauties.

(Source: unknown)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 330 posts on Atticmag | Kitchens, Bathrooms, Interior Design.

6 Responses to “Pink and Green Feminine Bath”

1. Queen of Dreamsz March 8, 2011 at 1:07 am #

This is definitely fit for a queen. :0)
    I love it.

Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

2. Ivette March 9, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

OMG. My inner girly-girl just swooned! I love those pink octagonal tile!

3. Terry Moore March 13, 2011 at 9:45 pm #

OMG, this last picture with the tub and double curtains is 2-die-4 for me!

4. Catherine March 15, 2011 at 2:21 pm #

Unique and innovative!! I am in love with the double curtains! amazing idea

5. SandyFish April 19, 2012 at 7:58 pm #

Please don’t tease! Give us details – where did the drapes, plumbing fixtures and lighting come from ?

6. Allison April 19, 2012 at 10:22 pm #

I’m sorry, Sandy. I don’t remember what magazine I had torn it from way before writing about it. The curtains are most likely custom. The chandeliers look vintage, but could easily be replicated with reproductions.