Hydrangea Colors Kitchen

pine kitchen with purple backsplash and countersInspiration from the garden found its way into counters and tile

We never thought we’d swoon over a kitchen with wood-tone cabinets, lavender tile and blue-violet counters. But this is one knockout babe, done up in summer florals that read from cobalt to lavender – a nod to the range of colors found in hydrangeas.

pine kitchen with purple tile and countersThe 4-by-4-inch variegated tile range guard behind the Viking is paired with special order Santa Margherita Legacy quartz Bahama blue countertops as the main theme. Keeping cabinets, ceiling and walls in neutral pine batten helps the color stand out.

The L-shape kitchen opens onto a seating area with an island in between. That houses a prep sink and has seating on the open side. This kitchen also features a farm sink and companion bridge faucet and a hulking Sub-Zero. Still it remains woodsy and countrified – a perfect statement for a gardener with an addiction to Nikko blues.

(Source: hutkerarchitects.com)*

Tags: , , , , ,

This post was written by who has written 748 posts on Atticmag | Kitchens, Bathrooms, Home Decor.

9 Responses to “Hydrangea Colors Kitchen”

1. Queen of Dreamsz December 1, 2010 at 1:37 am #

Be still my heart…this is one beautiful kitchen. I LOVE the colors. and how they compliment the wood…and of course, who wouldn’t want the subzero and the viking. :0) Just lovely!

Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

2. laxsupermom December 1, 2010 at 7:59 am #

I love this kitchen, even though it skews a bit country with the farm-type stools. This kitchen strikes me as one where the homeowner picked what she liked, resale be damned, and created a gorgeous sellable kitchen anyway.

3. Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish December 1, 2010 at 8:13 pm #

I love it! I had a Federal Blue kitchen in our first house!! Looks fantastic with cabinets that color!

4. deva December 3, 2010 at 8:21 am #

I love that it is bold with color and not afraid to be all matchy matchy.

5. deva December 3, 2010 at 8:22 am #

I meant…NOT matchy matchy. As you noted, there is a range of colors going on….a palette of blues and lavenders.

6. Linda December 3, 2010 at 10:24 am #

This is a very refreshing and happy kitchen which looks to have a sensible layout as well. You neglect to say that if it’s a true gardener’s kitchen, the spaces will work well for cleaning and prepping fresh veg. A bouquet does not make a gardener’s kitchen, but work flow and sinks really do.

“We never thought we’d swoon over a kitchen with wood-tone cabinets, lavender tile and blue-violet counters.” What a snippy comment! At least you admit that it’s a good kitchen. Glad to see humble pine showcased in such a wonderful way. Not only that, but in the right hands, the “glam” of the room could be achieved using much more humble appliances, surfaces, plumbing fixtures.

7. Jane F December 3, 2010 at 12:39 pm #

As I’m not a gardener and don’t enjoy it, I wouldn’t presume to say what’s a gardener’s kitchen or what’s not. And I expect those definitions depend on the gardener. Clearly the kitchen is garden inspired.

And how unfortunate that you took my opinion as snippy. What does seem snippy is to suggest that the kitchen appliances could be more “humble.” This is a high end kitchen. We’re showing great design here not making value judgments about how much someone is spending.

8. robslady8042006 March 22, 2013 at 3:50 pm #

I was wondering can you tell me what type of counter top it is

9. Jane F March 23, 2013 at 8:54 am #

That’s a quartz counter top. We are told it’s from Santa Margherita quartz in their Legacy line. The color is custom.