Christmas Mantels

Christmas mantels - lavish mantel with purple ribbon by William Yeoward - town & country via atticmagNatural greenery, ornaments and luxurious ribbons adorn Christmas mantels for the holiday season.

Pine bough garlands are worked up for Christmas mantels with dried berries, pearl-and-amethyst batons, mercury-glass ornaments and satin bows by British designer William Yeoward. Ribbons and decor were purchased at the English passementerie house VV Rouleaux, which has wonderful supplies and examples of simple Christmas bows.

Christmas mantels - formal  decoration by zeze - via atticmagFloral guru Zezé draped the living room mantel of New York City designer Charlotte Moss with beige velvet ribbon caught up with pine cones and boughs plus tree ornaments in two colors and various sizes.

christmas mantels -Charlotte Moss mantel by Zeze in her dining room - town and country via atticmagIn the Moss dining room, pine boughs and cones, orange ribbons and kumquats on the vine echo the designer’s sunny citrus-hued tablescape.
Christmas mantels - stone fireplace  mantel decorated simply  with pine - veranda via atticmagPine boughs, sprayed white, are simply arrayed on the mantel and mixed with fresh white flowers in glass and silver vases. Silver candlesticks also compliment the oval mirror.

Christmas mantels - country mantel decorated with words - country living via atticmagHand-knit stockings hang from a festive sign posted on a old pine Texas ranch mantel decorated on top with vintage books and country accessories.

(Sources: Town & Country, Country Living, Veranda)

Copy and paste link to quick-share this post:  http://bit.ly/I9C0B4

, , , , ,

14 Responses to Christmas Mantels

1. Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish November 28, 2010 at 10:13 pm #

Love these pictures! I want a big stone fireplace to deck out like these soooo bad!

2. Kim November 29, 2010 at 9:24 am #

What great mantels. The last two are my favorites. I have been struggling with mine this year.

3. Sherry November 29, 2010 at 10:13 am #

Very nice. I picked out Charlotte Moss’s right away. She has her very own style. The last one was my favorite. it could have been out of Dickens.
    Sherry

4. Courtney November 29, 2010 at 1:17 pm #

Oh goodness! What gorgeous inspiration mantles!!! Thank you for sharing~ Off to decorate my mantle with some added inspirations!! :) Stopping by from Met. Monday.

5. Dana November 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

What a great post! I would love for you to link this up to my linky party! http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/link-up-giveaway-and-winner.html

6. Tricia Rose November 29, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

I am thoroughly intimidated.

7. mishelle November 29, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

Beautiful ideas!

8. Deanne November 29, 2010 at 8:18 pm #

What beautiful mantels- wish I had one to decorate!

9. Pam @ diy Design Fanatic November 29, 2010 at 10:48 pm #

Gorgeous mantels! They are truly over the top!

10. sarah November 30, 2010 at 7:39 pm #

I’m amazed at how much has been posted about mantles today!! I put up a blog post and then on FB I noticed your post and several others on the topic. You have a fabulous collection of inspirational images here. Very nice!!

11. Pam @ diy Design Fanatic December 1, 2010 at 11:48 am #

What gorgeous mantels! Wonderful inspiration!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the nice comment. I purchased my fireplace screen from Plow and Hearth online.

12. mindstorm December 1, 2010 at 10:45 pm #

I love this post. I recognize it from last year, I remember being awed by the ideas then, and I am just as much awed by them today. I really heart the second to last decoration. Very rustic and King Arthur but I still resonate with it.

Thanks for the post!

13. Jane F December 2, 2010 at 4:59 pm #

Thanks to all for the kind words. We also love these mantels — don’t know as I’ll ever find more on this level– so as we were moving some posts over to the new database we decided to show them again. We’ll be mixing old and new for a while.

14. Marias Hörna December 8, 2010 at 6:46 am #

Hi
    So wonderful pictures. With such heat. I’m so tired of all the white blogs. So this was just wonderful. Writing from Sweden. Love this blog. Have a nice day. From Marias Corner